Monday, April 9, 2012

For My Real Hero I Will Rise

Happy Easter! I love Easter, don't you? My life has been getting hectic and stressful of late. Sunday has always been welcome in my schedule, but this Easter was very special. Having a day that is focused on the resurrection and atonement of Jesus Christ brings clarity to my life. I am able to look at my life and see if what I am doing, on a daily basis, is worthy of Christ and his sacrifice. It always brings me peace.


Easter is a time for joy! Singing is one way that I feel the spirit and that joy. It is also one of the best ways I have found to praise the  Lord when I can't find my own words.


Some of my sibs and I sang this is church. It is not the best quality, but it is still a very sweet song. With this song I would like you to make a list of your heroes. Everyone you have ever looked up to. See if Christ makes it on your list. I find myself forgetting the one person who always loves me no matter what, understands my pain and my joy. 








This song was shown to me by my best friends mom and I fell in love with it! In the latest General Conference Dallin H. Oaks said:


 "Prior to the rededication of one of our temples, a Christian minister asked President Gordon B. Hinckley why it did not contain any representation of the cross, the most common symbol of the Christian faith. President Hinckley replied that the symbols of our Christian faith are “the lives of our people.” Truly, our lives of service and sacrifice are the most appropriate expressions of our commitment to serve the Master and our fellowmen."



You can see from these two very different songs that it doesn't matter the quality of the song or the singers. Any song can touch your heart and be a testimony of Christ if you let it be. 

Sunday was also a special day because I finished the Book of Mormon. At the end of the Book of Mormon I found this scripture. Moroni 10: 32-33

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot."

Remember Christ and bring him into your lives. Without him we are nothing. We owe him everything and can never show enough gratitude for it.

I know that Jesus is our Savior, that he atoned for our sins. He loves us and is waiting to take us in his arms. I know that he knows us personally. I cannot describe the happiness I feel when the spirit testifies to me that he was, is, and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment