Monday, April 16, 2012

Be as Little Children

This is "I want to brag about me family" post. :)

I currently have six nieces: (in age order) Lara (5), Lilli (5), Vivi(3), Gracie(3), Kaelyn(2), and Mariella (10mths). I would like to share with you what they have taught me over the years.

Lara- (This story was told to me by my brother-in-law) At the breakfast table Lara and my brother-in-law were just talking when the conversation came to the subject of her younger sister, Vivi. Lara then told her dad "You know what? I love Vivi". Reed then asked her why she loved Vivi. This is haw she answered "I don't know. Sometimes she really bugs me, but I just love her."

I just loved that story! Why do we need a reason to love somebody? Why can't we just love them? Isn't that a good enough reason?

Lilli- Lilli is my niece who has down syndrome. She is the most loving and excited kid ever! She always is excited to see you and is ready with a hug. Everybody loves Lilli! Whenever I see her she has the biggest smile on her face! You can't be in a bad mood around her. She is one of the oldest nieces and has been around quit a few babies. She is a very high energy child, but when she is around babies she is so gentle. She will be so still when she's holding one and she'll give them soft kisses on the head.

Lilli has taught me how to love life. To love those around me and not to be controlled by prejudices.

Vivi-  For Vivi I have to use her curiosity. She is constantly checking things out and asking questions, which mostly consist of "why?". I watched Vivi over the summer a few years ago. She was all over the place all at one time. She is one of those kids who are always getting into trouble. She is a little girl with some attitude. She will not let anyone boss her around. Which is something we all need to learn-- when  to speak up and say "no".

Gracie- Now Gracie monster is full of energy! She is very petite, but has the spirit of a horse-porky pine-bear cub. Gracie is very sweet. She will ask you, after she has just finished jumping on you, if your ok. When she sits on someones lap she likes to play with their earlobes. It's relaxing when she doesn't use her nails. She also does this thing where she takes your face in her two hands and gets up real close and starts whispering sweet nothings to you.

Kaelyn- She is very smart. She is always showing and telling me things that she has learned. Her vocabulary is pretty big for only being two. She sometimes acts much older then she is, but is quick to remind you she is only two. She is starting to learn the concepts of choices. Her mom always gives her choices and she loves it. Even though it may not matter which choice she makes it's very important to know that you have that power.

Mariella- Mariella is the newest niece and I have not been able to spend as much time with her. When I do see her she always wants to be with her mommy (go figure). She is very dependent of her mother right now. IT makes me realize how dependent I am still on my parents, both my earthly parents and heavenly parents.

All my nieces have taught me various lessons that I will never forget. I just can't wait until they are old enough to read this for themselves and just maybe they will be an example to themselves.




1 comment: