Sunday, February 12, 2012

The support

Yesterday I received one of the best birthday presents ever! My best friend wanted to do something amazing for my 18th birthday, so she got people that I know to write me a note with advice for adulthood. She put the notes in a binder and it is something I am going to treasure for my whole life.

I could not have made it to where I am today without the love and support of these people. It is because of their strong testimonies that I have been able to have my grow. I have been able to learn through their examples how to live my life, to be the best person I can be and to live life to it's fullest. Even though some of the things are things that I shouldn't do, they have let me learn from their own experiences making it so I don't have to fall to know. I cannot stress enough how important it is to fill your lives with these kinds of people. They are the ones we keep you on track with their love and support. 

In the notes I received most of them counselled me to keep my testimony strong and to always remember my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that me greatest support is from my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. "You are never alone when you have faith in Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father", I know that is so true. Whenever I feel like I have no one else to turn to I know that if I pray to feel his love that he will give it to me.

I often feel overwhelmed by the things bombarded at me at school. The temptations and pressure put on teenagers is unfair and unwelcome. It is so hard to keep to my standards at times. I want to stay worthy to be able to receive the blessings from Heavenly Father, but sometimes I wonder how long it will take me to break. Everything must at some point, right? Not exactly. I know it feels like it would be so much easier to succumb to worlds standards, but the farther we stray the more we will be placed in captivity. 

I have made some choices that I am ashamed of. Even though they might not be so bad to cause my eternal damnation I knew they were not with the standards the Lord has set for me. I could feel my personal freedom slipping away as I made those bad choices and let peer pressure get to me. Because of the examples of the people a surrounded myself with I knew that I could turn to Heavenly Father for forgiveness and peace. 

I have been blessed with the support of my friends, Young Womens leaders, bishop, and family. I know that that the Lord has put these people in my life so that they could strengthen me. 


Helaman 5:12
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer,
 who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation
that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, 
yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, 
it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo,
 because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, 
a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."


P.S. I am new to this blogging thing, so if anyone has tips or questions please leave a comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment