Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beams and Windows

Late...again. At first I was going to tell you all to blame my sister, but due to the fact that it's been three days since she didn't tell us to pack--making it so I had to rush pack during the time I would write this post-- I can no longer hold it against her. That time period has past by and now I have to take responsibility. Darn it. 

I did did start writing this Monday, but nothing was really coming to me. I sat down Tuesday couldn't think of anything. So here we are at Wednesday and I think I might have something. 

Last night my mom drug me to this thing called the "Lindy Fix". Pretty much a social dance, but for swing dance. At first I didn't really want to go, but after we got there I got to meet a lot of great people. Side note-- I love dancing with guys who are great leaders! Even if you're a beginner, if your partner can lead well then you can dance like a pro!

I love dancing! I am not the best. Ask my sisters about my flailing I do in the kitchen. It's probably not what you would call "dancing".  I know it, but I still do it. I do it because I love it.

There are so many things that I like doing that I am not particularly good at. I hate it ( I know. I always seem to say that) when people say something that makes me not want to do it anymore. Like when I sing and someone tells me I just changed keys or I am flat. It makes me not want to do it anymore. Well, for a minute at least and then I decide I don't care what they think or say. 

Is is crazy how quick we are to judge. I know it's to easy to judge the people who do bad things like drink and smoke, but it's not just that. We judge the people who dance funny, sing of key, draws stick figures, wears outdated clothes, sweats, are awkward.  At church dances when I'm sitting down  (A lot of people tell me that me that I am lame for sitting down at all. It may be true, but I see it as a senior right) I like watching people. I see it all. I see the kids (I'm 18. I can call them kids.) who are more awkward then most and just do their thing. Dancing in the middle of the room dancing like they don't care and then their are the ones not dancing looking at them pointing, talking. I confess I have been one of those people talking behind their hand. It's horrible. 

When I saw those kids making fun of the other kid I was thinking about how bad they were being. Then I realized that I had a beam in my eye.

Why do we do that? How can we sit around making fun of perfectly lovely people. I have found out that its because of our own insecurities. Our fear of our shortfalls. We don't like the feeling of being less so we pass it on to somebody else. I have found that after I judge someone I have to put my foot in my mouth after I truly meet them. Most of the people we judge are really nice people who just want friends. Even if people act in a wrong way, we don't know what they have gone through or their situation.

 "But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the the Lord looketh on the heart." ~ 1 Samuel 16:7


I know that Heavenly Father loves everyone. I know it's hard not to judge. It is very much human nature to judge. We need to work on our own problems before we go criticizing others. When we're perfect that's when we can have a say so.
 

When will we except everyone as children of God? When will we look to everyone with love? Well, I certainly hope that day is near.

2 comments:

  1. I am so confused as to how you were going to blame Lindey for not posting. Hope you're having fun in Buffalo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She didn't tell us that we were supposed to pack. So, instead of writing my blog I had to rush pack. And I am having a blast!

    ReplyDelete