Sunday, May 27, 2012

Never To Forget

Today I got my first adult church calling! I had given myself a cut off date to stop going to the Young Women's meetings, because if I didn't I knew I would never stop going. Now I have the great opportunity of teaching the Sunbeam class with my good friend, Matilda. It's going to be a new experience, but I am ready for it. Even though I am leaving the Young Womens I know that I will always need the lessons learned from it. Though I am an "adult" I will always carry my Strength of Youth and Personal Progress with me.

Unlike High School I wasn't eager to leave. With High School I was counting the days until graduation, making summer plans (working), and was just ready to never again walk the hallways of my school. This was different. Though High School has given me a foundation in a working and technical knowledge the church Young Womens program has given me much more. The knowledge that god loves me, my divine nature, how to have true benevolence, how to love, teach, be worthy to enter into the temple, and so much more. These are the lessons I will never forget.

Young Womens is why I am strong person. I know that even when faced with the hardships of life I can always trust in the Lord!

I always remember the awesome youth I have spent the last six years of my life with. I will remember the lessons I've learned from them and my leaders. I have been so blessed to have the leaders I have had.

I will miss laughing,  crying, singing, learning, dancing, and just being weird with them. They are my family and they are never to forget!

[insert cute picture of us that I currently don't have.]

1 comment: